The Master's Programme enables the students:
- to analyse transformation processes in the background of economic-, politic-, law-,agricultural as well as environmental relevance and to understand the correlation between these subsystems in the process of social change
- to develop decision making abilities in the interdisciplinary context and to solve practical problems by using integrative management approaches with pronounced leadership skills
- to design, implement, evaluate and interpret complex interdisciplinary research projects and to give application-oriented policy recommendations
- to plan, develop and implement transformation-relevant projects and programmes and to analyse the problem situations with regard to different aspects and consequences
- to develop, negotiate and communicate solution strategies and procedures with stakeholders of different professional and cultural backgrounds
Qualification aims and educational objectives
- Advanced knowledge in transformation-, development- and agricultural economics and the management of transformation processes on micro- and macro level, including business administration.
- Knowledge of fundamental methods and concepts in political and law sciences. Ability of systematical analysis of transformation processes, organization and institutions in the international, national and regional context.
- Methodological knowledge in quantitative and qualitative research, statistical and mathematical methods and their fields of applications on relevant areas.
- The ability, to transfer subject-specific questions in models and to formulate those models properly, as well as dealing with different positions on a science-based fundament
- Specialisation by the choice of master thesis, internship and profile modules along agricultural-, environmental- and nutritional sciences
- Practice-oriented knowledge in initiation of projects, definition of goals and results, management, modification, validation and evaluation of projects.
- Key qualifications like organisation-, communication-, negotiation- and leadership skills, intercultural competences and teamwork ability.
Further Information: http://www.uni-giessen.de/cms/fbz/zentren/zeu/lehre/Master